Monday, November 21, 2011

Natural Hair: 22 Reasons Why I Don't Need A Relaxer

Natural Hair Is Better 

Anything you can do I can do better.  I can do anything better than you. 

I discovered the natural hair community on Youtube in January 2011.  After observing that I can do everything with my naturally curly hair as my relaxed hair, I decided to save money and exposure to unnecessary chemicals, and go natural.  


I got 99 problems, but a relaxer ain't one!


  I listed 22 reasons of why I will never use a relaxer again in my life.
  1. No chemicals
  2. No protein treatment dependence
  3. No"relaxer-caused" dandruff
  4. No touch ups
  5. Stronger hair
  6. No high porosity issues
  7. No color on top of relaxer chemicals
  8. No heat on top of relaxer chemicals
  9. No chemical burns, scalp burns or scalp damage
  10. No combs: combing utensils are different for natural hair
  11. No boar bristle brushes: brushing utensils are different for natural hair
  12. No "new growth" worries
  13. Know thyself.  Be the master of your own texture.
  14. Diversity in styles like never before (The Big One for me)
  15. Wash-and-wear hair
  16. Water is your friend. 
  17. Wet combing is good.
  18. Curly to Straight = Possible ;  Relaxed Straight to Kinky/Curly = Virtually impossible or extremely time consuming if attempted as a style
  19. No receding edges; issues common in relaxer/sew-ins
  20. No consistent beautician salon expenses for touch ups or relaxers; no long waits or routine appointment for relaxers
  21. Thicker hair stands
  22. Knowledge of natural hair changes your vocabulary: words like "unmanageable" won't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment